Friday, January 13, 2006

Intaurmural Basketball Begins

I play Intaurmural basketball at my school. We do the teams based on the "House System" The house system is just a fun way to do competitions through out the year. This one of them. I know your thinking they only do it in boarding schools, nope we are doing it in this regular school. It helps the frosh get around better. We have a huge campus. Anyway this about intaurmural basketball.

Tomorrows are first game. We have the easiest schedule in the league. They left off the best team on our schedule. they decided to put the three one win teams on our schedule. We have the exact same schedule as another house. The thing thats makes two of the team pissed, is we have not missed the final four yet. In a matter ofact its been the same four teams each year.

My team is probably the second smallest team in the league. We get ourebounded a lot. The one strength in, three point shooting. Every player except two hit ten threes last year. Those two aren't playing this year. I might have fallen to the last man because we have two former JV players comming on the team. But we have to play at least 10 minuites in each game or we forfeit. My team once hit 17 three pointers in a game. We came down from 22 points with 5 minuites left to tie it up and win in overtime. I will never forget that game. We have lost to two team every time. We've lost by thirty points or more against them. Thats one of the team we don't play this year.

We made the championship frosh year as the second to last seed and shocked two opponents. We made it all the way to the championship game. We lost by fourty four ooints in that game. Points to team we have lst to every single time. I think we'll have a 6-1 team. the other team that we loose to every single time has been five points or less every time including one that went into overtime.

5 Comments:

Blogger volsfan said...

Good luck! I don't know if you have already played but if you have...I hope you won.

Tough game for the Kats today. We have LSU tonight AT LSU! URGH!

3:43 PM  
Blogger ukrocks said...

It was a bad day for basketball. My intaurmural team lost by two on a game winning shot with 7 seconds left. We had to take a wild three pointer to try to win since we din't have any time outs. I hit a three pointer though. I went 1 for 2 beyond the arc.

8:40 PM  
Blogger volsfan said...

It wasn't any better of a basketball day for my Vols either. Hell, we were never really in the game as LSU took advantage of their height.

Tough luck on your loss UK. I am sure your team will bounce back. Great news that you were 50% from 3-point range.

8:46 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Good luck with the new season! I'm sure you'll do better during the next game!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Seana said...

Good job keeping active!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home