Sunday, January 08, 2006

High School (The Final Segment of four)

So after eighth grade its time to move onto high school. I go to a private catholic high school. People frown upon the 4 big Catholic High Schools in Louisville. (Boys: Trinity, the one I go to, St. Xavier, Girls: Assumption, Sacred Heart.) Because they think its all about the athletics. But its really the education. Over 95% of the students who graduate from these four go on to college. Yeah these schools might 4 or 5 state championship but it all about hard work.

So my feshmen year beigns. It was very nerve racking. Schedules were weird. We were like oh why do I have an A and you have a B and its for the same period and subject. Its means alternating class. So you've got to figure out which classes you have each day. We weren't all in the same class anymore. In a matter of fact my friends were jealous of me because I had the perfect schedule. All honor and traditional frosh were suppose to have religion on B days. So they get resource two more times a year. Well except for a seventh period and third period class like me. So i got buisness more. My friends were also mad I had study hall during the last period while they had it in the morning.

The teachers freshmen year were cool except for one. My mean old religion teacher. She was mean and harsh. Grade wise: I made honor roll every quarter in forsh year.

I had two of the best teachers you could ever ask for, sophomore year. My history and english teacher. Both of them were 25. They taught like no other. They were both graduates of UK, but thats beside the pont. They talked about lif, fun and made sure we learned. They made sure we had a blast. My history teacher won teacher of the year.

But I also had the worst teacher ever at least for a half of a year. She did not grade well and she put notes on the overhead and you copied them. She didn't explain them. What did she teach? Religion. Two bad religion teachers. She was fired halfway thorugh the year. Our new teacher had just retired a year ago and had won four or five teacher of the year award. She was an excellent teacher like the two above. She knew about life and learning and having fun.

Grades: I made honor roll every quarter but the last one.

Junior years is starting to come to an end. We have begun the second semester but I'll save this post for June 1, the last day of school. It will be more comple then.

And I have decided to add a bonus for tomorrow. Whats the future ahead in education for ukrocks, read tommorow.

3 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oooh! Way to leave us hanging.

You should add to this after senior year too, so that it is complete.

7:44 AM  
Blogger volsfan said...

I can't wait! Thanks for sharing UK. Sorry about yesterday.

8:09 AM  
Blogger ukrocks said...

Nutz: That won't be till May of 2007.

Vols: Ehhh, we played bad and I mean bad.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home