Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A Happy Post!

It was beautiful outside today. It got up to 62 degrees with clear skies. But at about 5:00, the cold front moved in and now its 45 degrees with a chance of rain and snow tomorrow. Oh the Kentucky weather. On the good side, we warm back into the mid to upper 50's for the weekend.

I am happy because I am going to the UL-Villanova game tomorrow night. Go Villanova!

I also enjoyed having resource for the first time since last year. Last semester was the first time I didn't have resource. I didn't have study hall for the first semester. But it was a little weird because I've had resource 8th (the last period) every year till now. I have it second period. I got my Math homework done in there. And, then I slept for the rest of the period.

It was fun seeing everybody back from the holidays. Coach O (English Teacher) said if you didn't enjoy the 18 day weekend, then your out of luck. He was saying in five month, you'll get your break. He said the time will fly. It was a day to get back into the routine. Of course for some of the classes, it was like first day, since it was the start of the second semester.

Juniors are busy busy for these next two weeks. We learn about Senior Rings and order them next week. We have Cambirdge testing next Wednsday to prepare for the ACT. Then parents come in and here the counselors and principal speak about our last three semesters here. We will have a couple days in English learning about the college process process at the end of this month. With all this stuff going on, I am in a good mood!

5 Comments:

Blogger volsfan said...

Did you get snow today? We are getting flurries tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night.

6:22 PM  
Blogger ukrocks said...

Nope, we got some drizzle, but tomorrow we could see flurries. Thats no big deal. Nothing major.

10:24 PM  
Blogger volsfan said...

We are not getting anything major either but I am looking forward to seeing some of the white stuff.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Seana said...

So how was the game?

What's "Resource"? Is it like going to the library or the guidance counsellor or something? We didn't have "Study Hall" either. I only know about that from TV. You only got "Study" on your schedule when you ended up with 2nd period lunch.

5 periods, 73 minutes each, 4 classes with 1 break. 4 courses per semester. (Back in the olden days, anyway.)

We also don't say "Junior" and "Sophomore". You're in Grade 11 or 10 or whatever. I was so confused when I started hanging out with Americans. :-)

11:24 AM  
Blogger ukrocks said...

Seana: The game was great, Villanova won. The officiating was bad. You could hear the f word left and right.

Resource is study hall. You get put in a classroom with ither students from the somphomore, my junior class and seniors.

Frosh are with each other and no other classes since most of them only have it everyn other day. You can work on homework, go to the computer lab (yes people play down there but your suppose to do work), or go to the library. If your lucky, you can sleep. This year I've a teacher that lets you sleep.

Study hall is not lunch. I've resource in second period. I see where your confused. I'm in second luch meaning 5th period, the second lunch of the day.

Vols: Were getting 3 days in the 60s next week.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home