Saturday, January 07, 2006

K-6 at my parish school (Part 2 of 4)

I'll probably finish the whole story later on today. (Saturday)

So off to Kindagrten adn then to frst grade at my Catholic school which is only a couple of blocks away. I went here till sixth grade and probably my best moments were here. The school goes up to 8th grade but to find out why I wasn't there till eight grade, you'll have to read.

My class was the largest in history. But the bad thing is, we had 24 boys and 9 girls for first grade. After that things calmed down and by fourth grade, we only had 29 students. We had 18 boys now and 11 girls. This class was considered one of the most special because we got a suspicious package in 2nd grade while preparing for first communion. It gave us clues and Goosebumps was a very popular book at the time. We kept on getting Goose Bump stuff at our meetings. The days before our first communion we got a gold cup for the wine, which we still use today for communion. It is now 9 years old.

It said continue to be nice to each other. My class never had a fight until sixth grade. We were very close. Everybody thought everybody was cool. Nobody was mean to anyone. We all cracked up jokes and people were calling this class the best they've seen in years. Apparently the class before and after us were both considered one of the worst. Well we are all very close, didn't have anybody come into our class since third grade until sixth grade when we add another student. She was a jerk. Everybody hated her. She was mean and rude. She took stuff. I was actually the center of attention once.

Our sixth grade teacher took us on many field trips. We went to a Bats baseball game and I caught a foul ball. So i'm sitting there with the group I was assigned with and I accidently droipped it. She runs over and tries to steal it. The teacher caught her and was very angry. Simply we were tossing the ball around. She was gone after sixth grade.

My grades were perfect till third grade. In third grade, I started to show problems. I wasn't organized, I was getting bad grades. In fourth grade we thought it went away because my grades improved significantly. But they went back down in fifth grade. i was getting tutored during the Summer since i was having problems. My parents thought I wan't trying. Insixth grade I hit rock bottom and I mean I hit rock bottom. I almost failed sixth grade. My parents were going to get me tested for Summer School for learning dissability kids.
So I go in and take a test. It was oral and strange things happened. They said I was where they're going into seventh graders were. My parents were like wow. They said I wasn't accepted into Summer School but accepted into going to school there during the school year. Here what surprised my parents: I was the first person ever to take the spelling test and complete it. They stop if you miss ten in a row. To this day I am the only person to have done that. Bad news though, I could hardly do any math. But they could help me. And you'll see how my life changed once I went there.

6 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

Boy, you must've had a hard time when you started struggling in school. It must've been very difficult thinking people thought you just weren't trying.

*waits patiently for part 3*

10:38 AM  
Blogger volsfan said...

It sounds like 6th grade was beayotch. Glad to hear you pulled it out.

Congarats on the spelling. I lvoe math.

3:08 PM  
Blogger ukrocks said...

It was. I hate math. Math and I don't get along.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

UK, meet Nutz; Nuts meet UK.

3:54 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

LOL @ Puffy!

Math is my best friend! *grin*

7:45 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Nutz, I know. You could teach him a thing or two.

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home