Friday, January 20, 2006

NFL Playoff Picks

The AFC and NFC Championship game is here. I'm going to give you five tips for each team and the below put who I really think will win the game. My favorite team is the Steelers!

Go Steeler's! Take it to Detroit!

Pittsburg-Denver (AFC Championship Game)

Steeler's Keys
  • Control the ball.
  • Throw it to open up the running game.
  • Blitz every down.
  • Leave a spy out there at all times because Plummer can run.
  • No TURNOVERS

Bronco's Keys

  • Run, run, run, and run some more.
  • Do not let the Steelers beat you with the run.
  • Don't blitz or else you'll allow lots of passing yards.
  • Get the crowd into it.
  • Make sure you win the time of possecion battle.

My Picks

Pittsburg- 27 Denver-24 OT

Seattle-Carolina

Seahawk's Keys

  • Give Sean alexander 35-40 carries.
  • Throw it deep a couple of times.
  • Focus on getting to the QB.
  • Doubling Steve Smith
  • Win the field position battle

Panther's Keys

  • Throw it don't run it.
  • Throw to steve Smith at least 10-12 times.
  • Do not let alexander get a big play.
  • Watch out for the surprising deep pass.
  • Keep Seattle out of good field position.

My Picks

Seattle-10 Carolina-7

Its going to be a great weekend of football. BTW, In have an intaurmural baketball game at noon tomorrow. After UK plays I'm going to a friends house to watch UK get killed by the UCONN Huskies!

6 Comments:

Blogger volsfan said...

I agree with your pic on the Pitt game but for some reason I am going to go with Carolina. I think it is unlikely but I am going out on a limb here.

9:12 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Vols? I have to agree with you. I didn't expect Carolina to get this far so I picked Seattle to go all the way, but with the awesome way they have been playing, I think Carolina will get the upset as well! Nutzboy will be uber-happy if that happens! He'll get to wear his Peppers jersey on Monday again! (for the 4th week in a row)

One of his good friends loves the Steelers and he is hoping for those two teams in the Super Bowl so they can get together and have a little party to watch the game!

10:44 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oh! Good luck with your game UK!! Let us know how it goes!

10:45 AM  
Blogger ukrocks said...

I'm getting ready. They scheduled the frosh and sophs at 10 and 11. The Juniors and Serniors at 12 & 1 while normally we play at 2.

11:25 AM  
Blogger volsfan said...

Did u win?

10:45 PM  
Blogger ukrocks said...

Yep, easy victory. we won 20 61-41. The scorekeeper said we hit 15 three pointers. I had an off day, hitting only 1-8 from beyond the three point line.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home