Thursday, July 27, 2006

School Starts in 19 Days

Damn it has gone by so fast. But I know before I know it, we will be in the holiday season mood, and then Summer will creep right back on me. Its been a fun Summer, but its time to say hello to my schedule.

1st Semester

1st Period: Study Hall
2nd Period: American Civil War
3rd Period: English IV
4th Period: Creative Writing
5th Period: Catholic Social Teachings
6th Period: Lunch
7th Period: Newspaper Journalism
8th Period: Algebra II

2nd Semester

1st Period: Community Service
2nd Period: World Geography
3rd Period: English IV
4th Period: Film Study
5th Period: Study Hall
6th Period: Lunch
7th Period: Newspaper Journalism
8th Period: Algebra II

I hate how I have Study Hall first thing in the First Semester, but at least is in the middle of the day for the second half of the year. And all the teachers are cool.

ETA: I now have to work on Saturday because a cashier got suspended from work.

9 Comments:

Blogger dragonflies said...

Hi ukrocks!

what time do you start? Seems rotten to have 5 classes before lunch. And then Math at the end of the day.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Yeh, math at the end of the day is rough. Journalism will be fun! The community service class sounds interesting, too.

10:17 PM  
Blogger ukrocks said...

8:00, its no big deal to have lunch after five periods, because its at 12:30, 12:42, or 12:48, depending on the day of the week.

In journalism, it'll be my second straight year taking that class.

Math at the end of the day will be fun because that teacher, I had 1st period this year for math.

11:01 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

I had study hall for 1st period one year in HS and it was great because if there was some homework I had to finish up from the night before, I had a whole period to do it. You might find you'll need to do that sometimes, especially if you have to work.

Math is always fun! No matter what period it is. *grin*

9:07 AM  
Blogger volsfan said...

Just wanted to day hay to UKrocks!

34 days till FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!

11:19 PM  
Blogger dragonflies said...

Hey, I watched football last night and tonight! The packers had a scrimmage, they call it Family Night. Tickets are $8/person. We watched on TV instead. Yes, they televised an intra team scrimmage.

Then tonight watched the first quarter of the Eagles/Raiders game.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Sounds like a fun schedule. I loved Algebra II - that was my favorite of all my HS math classes. Of course, that could be because I had the highest average in it for the 95-96 school year. ;-)

Is your journalism class responsible for the yearbook?

I'm surprised you're still on an 8 period schedule. Seems like most high schools have changed to the 4 block schedule these days.

11:22 AM  
Blogger ukrocks said...

Its an all boy school and boys really can't sit still for an hour and a half. All the girl catholic high schools are block schedule but the boys are on regular 8 period schedule. I like it this way better.

3:20 PM  
Blogger ukrocks said...

Its an all boy school and boys really can't sit still for an hour and a half. All the girl catholic high schools are block schedule but the boys are on regular 8 period schedule. I like it this way better.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home