Friday, March 03, 2006

Spring is in Site!

I beleive Louisville Kentucky is in its last cold spell of the season. Which is temps in the mid 40's or so. Cuz I looked at the 10 day forcast, I see 69 degrees on three days and 62 on the other.

Louisville is ready for spring but welcome in the severe weather. We are a hot spot for tornadoes. But I like thunderstorm. I can't beleive winter is over. The hot and humid days will be here by the end of next month.

Wish my high school basketball team luck as we are trying to get to the Sweet 16 for the second time in school history. We came 2nd in our district tourney. We then start the regional tourney this week. I don't think we will make it to the regions final four because we have 8 juniors on the team this year.

Thee thing about our region is we have the best teams in the state. Last my team played our district rivals in the regional final four. We were #1 and #2 and we are one of four teams in our districts. Seneca always fielded #8 in the state and saw there season came to an last year in district play.

This year our rivals were 18th in the state while we were 25th in the state with the toughest schedule in the sate. 18 of our 27 games were against ranked teams. We lost to our rivals for the 8th time in a row. Meanwhile Seneca had a loosing record for the first time since my 8th grade year. Its aint that strong this year.

Kentucky high school basketball is special because every team has a chance no matter what you record is. I hope my school pulls of several upsets on the way and maybe make the regional finals against St. X. A Catholic school regional finals. The thing is this the first time they hit 10 wins since 1997. They are 3 ws away from 20 which would be the first time since 88.

2 Comments:

Blogger volsfan said...

Good luck to your team and I wish you well!

We have temps in the lower to upper 70s all this coming week. WOO and FREAKING HOO!

9:17 PM  
Blogger ukrocks said...

It isn't suppose to warm up till Thursday here.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home