Saturday, December 03, 2005

We pulled off the miracle!

St. Xavier beat us 48-16 earlier this season. It was a different story this time as we pulled off a shocker. We won our 16th state championship and to do it against are rivals, makes it even better. It looked like we going to overtime when St. X had a 4th and inches at the 2 yard line. We stopped them with about 2 minuites left. More tense moments, our running back dives over a pile of St. X but managed to get to the one. On 3rd & 10, with a minuite left, our QB Nick Petrino runs 12 yards for the first down. Thats when my two friends and I realized we had done it! We kneeled and counted down. St. X fans stood in disbeleif, because they were the 18 point favorites. We juts stood there cheering, and celebrating and watched the trophy ceremony. I've never felt better than this.

The front page of the Courier this morning said, Shamrocks shock the state. All I can say is I have a big grin on my face!

2 Comments:

Blogger Seana said...

Hooray for your team! What was the final score?

1:46 PM  
Blogger volsfan said...

Congrats UK! This is great news.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home